Since it’s founding in 1968, C.R. Cushing & Co. has had a long history of investigating accidents and catastrophes at sea. We can provide 3-D animations to simulate the sequences of accidents.
Accidents that C. R. Cushing & Co. has investigated:
- Accident reconstruction
- Study of the structural failure and sinking of a tanker for the Liberian government.
- Investigation, analysis and solution to bottom shell cracking problems on a class of eight containerships.
- Study and repair design of a major structural failure in a double bottom of an ITB tank barge.
- Study of the sinking of the tanker Spartan Lady.
- Investigation into the structural failure of a tanker which grounded in the Houston Ship Channel.
- Study of the grounding and damage to the tanker Sea Saint.
- Investigation of the corrosion rates of ULCCs and VLCCs.
- Investigation of the capsizing and subsequent sinking of containerships, including the Munchen, the Poet, and the Tuxpan.
- Studied the alleged grounding and total collapse of the hull girder of a tanker.
- Investigation of buckling and subsequent break up of a bulk carrier.
- Studied the alleged break up and disappearance of a four year old containership.
- Investigated the cause of the capsizing of a cruise ship subsequent to a grounding.
- Carried out several investigations of capsizings and sinkings of ocean barges while under tow.
- Investigated numerous cargo losses, cargo damages and personal injuries.
- Analyzed the arrangement of mooring lines and mooring line strength for containership on which mooring lines broke.
- Sinking of the Ukrainian bulkcarrier Salvadore Allende.
- Loss of containers containing highly toxic chemicals from the Santa Clar.a
- Exxon Valdez grounding and track analyses, causes for grounding, double hull analysis, testimony cases held in Anchorage and in Houston.
- Sundancer sinking analysis.
- The sinking of the M/V Golden Chariot.
- The loss of the tanker Hawaiian Patriot.
- Seaworthiness of the tanker Alsterstern.
- Risk analysis and testimony in asbestos and benzene cases.
- Causes for the grounding of the M/V Mantinia.
- Causes for the loss of the deck cargo from the M/V Captain Panos.
- A study of the fire on the passenger ship Rotterdam.
- Technical assistance concerning the charter party dispute on the M/V Dan Xia Shan.
- Technical analysis of the sinking of the tanker PRESTIGE.
- Analysis of the hull failure and sinking of the M/V MSC CARLA.
- Analyses on the fire and explosions on several vessels due to the spontaneous combustion of calcium hypochlorite.
- An analysis of the capsizing of the pilot boat GALTEX.
- Collision M/V Virgo
- Grounding M/V White Sea
- Stand alone (Independent) collision investigations involving these vessels: Nirint Progress, Linda E, M/V Jorita, and a Hess Barge.
Analysis of the sinking of the tanker PRESTIGE
Exxon Valdez grounding accident analysis and reconstruction
Analysis of the hull failure and sinking of the M/V MSC CARLA
An analysis of the capsizing of the pilot boat GALTEX