SERVICES-PORTS AND TERMINALS
Ports and Terminals
Since the inception of C. R. Cushing & Co. earned a reputation for providing an appropriate level of sophistication and detail to our products. Our services extend to preliminary design for container terminals and handling facilities, survey of ports and terminal facilities, analysis of port charges and labor costs, and transportations systems serving the ports.
Whether your marine engineering needs are large or small please contact C. R. Cushing & Co. as we would be glad to assist you with your next project. Examples of our previous projects include:
- Prepared the preliminary design for a large multi-use container terminal in New York.
- Planned, specified and acquired all container handling equipment and cranes for a New York terminal.
- Carried out the planning and Phase One design of the port complex and a container terminal for Prince Rupert, Canada.
- Designed an automated ship unloading and rail container handling system.
- Designed barge mounted crane and container terminal system for Port Said, Egypt.
- Developed Container and refrigerated terminal facilities for Del Monte’s ports in Central America and the U.S. East, Gulf and West Coast.
- Consultant to and part owner of container handling terminal facilities in New Orleans.
- Consultant to European Container Terminus (ECT).
- Consultant on numerous shipboard and shore gantry container cranes.
- Carried out a comprehensive review of the all facets of a tanker and bulk carrier company for an investment group, including all owned port and cargo handling facilities, all vessels, evaluation of the company management, and determination of the competitiveness of the company in future operations.
- Prepared a time and motion study relating to the loading and discharge of containers, using both shipboard and shore cranes for a large container operator.
- Carried out a survey of ports and terminal facilities for a new container operation, including an analysis of port charges, labor costs, new facilities costs, and transportation and distribution systems serving the ports.
- Prepared preliminary design of a container handling facility in Haifa.
- Developed the port development and expansion plans for Tin Can Island in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Performed the design of a marine terminal expansion including analysis of warehousing facilities, railroad spur access, traffic flow patterns, maintenance and repair facilities and cargo handling rates and throughput.
- Investigated and analyzed the loading and discharge operation of paper newsprint for the New York Daily News, at a consolidated plant, including the preparation of the design for equipment for discharging the ships, moving the paper into the warehouse, stacking the rolls, and automatically withdrawing the rolls from storage for automatic feed to the press rooms.
- Planned the development of a major oil terminal in the Virgin Islands.
- Studied the interface options between a rail car ferry and shore ramp.
- Carried out a study and design of specialized mechanical equipment to efficiently unload grain in bulk.
- Develop several alternatives for a trailer ramp for interface with a large ro-ro barge.
- Provided technical assistance in the conceptual design and layout of a marine container terminal for a terminal operating company.
- Performed research project for the U.S. Government for improving the efficiency of container terminals, including a detailed cost analysis of all costs in the containerization system external to direct marine costs.
- The design of crude discharge and product loading facilities for a 200,000 barrel per day refinery.
- Performed a marine facility feasibility study for a major U.S. energy supplier including analyses of meteorological, climatogical and oceanographic data, geographic studies, ocean wave and current measurement surveys and marine environmental impact assessments for several proposed sites.
- Developed plans for the expansion of the port of San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Provided consultation on the expansion of a floating tennis facility at the 79th Street boat basin and marina on the Hudson River in New York.
- Engineering oversight of an automated grain loading facility in Galveston including the design & manufacturing of spiral loaders, conveyers, bagging equipment, palletizers, etc.
- Engineering services in connection with the concept and contract design of a limestone port in Mexico handling 10,000,000 tons of stone per year.
- Development of a floating automatic bucket discharge facility for handling coal.
- Technical, safety, operational and economic audit of bulk bauxite and alumina terminal.
STUDY AND DESIGN FOR PRINCE RUPERT CONTAINER TERMINAL
FLOATING FERRY TERMINAL