SERVICES-SHIP SPECIFIC STUDIES
Ship Specific Studies
When it comes to solving difficult problems for leading companies with in the marine industry C. R. Cushing & Co. has been at the fore front providing creative and cost effective solutions for over the past forty years.
These are a few of the services we have had a pleasure in providing our clients:
- Developed alternative hull forms for comparative evaluation of resistance, propulsion, seakeeping, ship motions, and maneuvering characteristics for numerous ship design projects.
- Carried out seakeeping studies on a large, oceangoing catamaran.
- Supervised parametric tests on optimum bulbous bow forms for a variety of ships.
- Developed different stern form designs, including conventional waterline flow and buttock flow (Pram) type sterns.
- Carried out systematic studies and model tests to develop optimum trim.
- Carried out designs, investigations and model tests on a series of broad beamed, large containerships with pram-type sterns.
- Designed vessels for various grades of ice class.
- Prepared model test agenda for each phase of hull form design for many projects.
- Evaluated model test facilities for conduct of model testing on several occasions based upon the model test agenda contemplated.
- Evaluated model test quotations and carried out selection of model test facility on many different projects.
- Worked with major model test facilities of the world, including MARIN (Wageningen), HSVA (Hamburg), SSPA (Gothenburg), IHI (Yokohama), MHI (Nagasaki), the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor), and Davidson Laboratory (Hoboken).
- Evaluated model test results and prepared corresponding performance predictions.
- Carried out study of different thruster arrangements for evaluation of necessary ship maneuvering capability.
- Carried out numerous evaluations of maneuvering capability based on principal particulars and rudder type and area.
- Evaluated and selected thruster type and size based on vessel mission requirements and life cycle cost analysis.
- Performed calculations to reconstruct the tracks of vessels in shoal waters.
- Developed data on a number of vessels, including tankers and passenger ships on squat.
- Analyzed vessel performance, including power, speed, and vessel motions in varying ocean weather systems.
- Performed a systematic series of designs of breakwaters and bow forms for low freeboard vessels operating in waves.
- Analyzed the ship motions of containerships and compared with computer program predictions.
- Carried out wave refraction and diffraction calculations to assess wave height and period in marina.
- Safety audits on large cruise vessels